So what’s up? Get your energy back on track by whipping up some mojo pork! It’s perfect to share with your gym buddies or refrigerate for next time!
- 8 lb. of boneless pork butt
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups of orange juice, fresh squeezed (approximately 6 large oranges) or store bought
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 5 cloves of garlic
Optional (for added carbs)
- 6 oz. of rice per portion
- 7 oz. of sweet potatoes per portion
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Remove pork butt from packaging and pat dry with paper towel to remove moisture. Place in a large baking dish and season with a good amount of kosher salt and black pepper. Rub seasoning into the meat with your hands.
- Cover baking dish with a layer of oven proof plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.
- Place into a 275F oven or slow cooker for 8-10 hours.
- Allow the pork to rest for 10-15 minutes once it has finished slow cooking. Drain fat from the pan to your liking.
- Use your hands to break up the pork in the baking dish.
- Add mojo juice a little at a time and massage into the meat until liquid starts to appear in the bottom of the pan.
- Add cilantro and mix to incorporate.
- Place suggested amount of sweets or rice as desired and top with 6 oz. of shredded pork.
- Refrigerate portions for up to seven days or freeze for up to six months.
- Place orange juice, vinegar and garlic into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds and set aside.